The PEARL consortium currently includes psychiatry residency program directors from six sites at five different institutions:
- Advocate Luthern General HospitalNorthwestern Medicine
- Rush University
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Chicago
- University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria
- University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
Our current goals are to:
1) sustain the establishment of a psychiatry education practice-based network with research infrastructure in data sharing, analysis, and networking that advance psychiatry education and;
2) leverage the network to examine sources of validity evidence targeting assessment systems for entrustable professional activities.
Mission: The Psychiatry Educational Assessment, Research, and Learning (PEARL) consortium is funded by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology to convene program directors, residents, and education experts to improve the psychiatry residency experience.
Vision: Our goal is to improve education through the development and validation of entrustable and professional activities and assessment tools aligned with ACGME’s psychiatry milestones.